2020 – 09/29 Have some of your records been destroyed in a disaster? Records can help people prove their disaster-related losses. Past financial statements can be recovered from credit card companies or banks. Homeowners can get property-related documents by contacting their title or escrow companies, or the lender that handled their home purchase. Also, taxpayers who made home improvements can contact the contractors who did the work and ask for statements to verify the work and cost. Need copies of tax returns? You can contact us if we prepared your return. The IRS also provides return transcripts immediately by using the “Get Transcript” at IRS.gov. Or order transcripts by calling 800-908-9946.


Similar Posts