2021 – 07/13 Did you know that there are three types of Social Security cards? All of them show a name and Social Security number (SSN) but some list work restrictions on the card. The Social Security Administration (SSA) issues one card for U.S. citizens and permanent residents; one that says “Not valid for employment;” and one that says “Valid for work only with DHS authorization.” On a webpage, the IRS says that you should use your SSN to file your tax return even if it doesn’t authorize employment, or if you’ve lost your employment authorization. Here’s more from the SSA:

Similar Posts