2019 – 10/25 The IRS has issued a tax tip that outlines ways that taxpayers can reconstruct or get copies of records that have been lost in a natural disaster. These records may be needed to help the taxpayers prove their disaster-related losses. For example, taxpayers can obtain free tax return transcripts by using the “Get Transcript” service on IRS.gov. They can also call 800-908-9946 to order them. If financial statements are needed, individuals can gather past statements from credit card companies or banks. This helps if they bought items using a credit or debit card. If paper records were destroyed, statements may be available online. For additional tips:

Similar Posts