2021- 01/22 What should you do if you think you’ve been the victim of tax-related identity theft? The IRS has a form to file for that. The “Identity Theft Affidavit” (https://bit.ly/3o6BgVN  ) is for taxpayers who suspect identity theft. For example, taxpayers file the form if their tax preparers couldn’t e-file their tax returns because returns using their Social Security Numbers had already been filed. Or, let’s say that you’ve been the victim of nontax identity theft and you want the IRS to flag your tax account because you fear it could be compromised. Contact us; we can help.


Similar Posts